Cooking Terms
Substitutions
International Links
Message Board

Convert

to

=

NetCooks.com

Keep on cooking and we will keep the recipes coming!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greetings
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:23 pm 

Howdy, folks.

I was here a while back, but then somehow my password got disconnected, and I've been having trouble getting back in ever since.

While you folks are in the frosty zone, it's toasty and humid down here in Alabama. Like 80 degrees with 90 percent humidity. We're in summer in short -- tomatoes, blueberries -- even the first peaches! (Gloat, Gloat!) And thanks to a bit of unseasonable cool, we've had some of the best lettuce ever this year from local gardens.

Did I make you jealous yet?

I do mostly baking. Interested always in cookies, cakes... Have some yummy ones to offer, too. (Mostly borrowed from others who've originated them. I'm not exactly safe in the kitchen when I start improvising!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 10:56 pm 

Well I'm glad you made it back with us SouthernCook!! We had to do some work and change the board.. I am sure hoping that this is the very last time for that!! All passwords were lost and we do apologize greatly for that.

And yes I would have been a jealous.. a week ago I attended a baseball game for my son and it was 29 degrees.. brrrrrrrrrrr.. yet the past few days have been in the 80's!! Only in North Dakota!!

Joy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:53 pm 

Hi southerncook,
Nice to meet you.
We have had the heat and humidity too, till yesterday when the wind switched and the front came through. It is now overcast and 65. But my lettuce is doing great also. So is the rhubarb.
Excellent rhubarb cobblers! Today made an apple-zucchini cobbler with apples and zucchini I had canned and frozen last summer.
Have a great recipe for Mock Apple Cake (made with zucchini)
Will post it.
Take care,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:47 pm 

Would love to have your zucchini recipe!

And there's no part of "Meow" that I don't understand. Mr. Huey P. Long is one of the two gents who live with me. He's a longhaired feller whose papa was a traveling man, and mom was a persian. The idiots who took him home at first had him declawed in front, neutered -- and then abandoned him outside, with the result that even though he's found us, he's neurotic as they come. Sweet, but neurotic. And I even understand his meows.

He eats Science Diet Feline Light Hairball, and occasionally that new Purina gook, but won't taste my cuisine. I understand that Meow pretty clearly!

He does think, though, that underfoot is the very best place of all to be when I'm in the kitchen cooking.